A typical Hound spotted earlier

Sunday 31 January 2010

12th November 2009

Good Morning,

I left work early yesterday to do my CV stuff - I've had a rather frustrating week to say the least. So, I rang Robson at 5.10pm. Robson was leaving the office and spoke to me in the L&G stairwell (sounded like he was in the toilet). We agreed on the our usual time at the Jolly Farmers (7pm). I then rang Daren Smith at 5.15pm - he was also leaving the office and getting into the lift - he was very worried about his connectivity!

I then watched the Weakest Link and caught the 6.28 to Purley. Mrs B phoned me as I was on the train and told me she had lost her keys - she was carrying a heavy computer and it was raining. I asked her if she was coming to the quiz - the answer was in the negative - so I told her to find the keys or she'd be sitting outside the house for a while - she found her keys!

So, I arrived just before 7 and the usual looneys were there listening to Bob Marley. I can't remember precisely what was eaten, but I can tell you that Robson had chicken curry for the 15th time this week! I had the amber nectar, which is why my head is a little fuzzy. You will see that this report is extremely detailed now, but my recollections of the quiz are somewhat blurred!

Last night, Robson, Smithers, El Barnetto and the Kevster Devster we were "The Fantastic Mr Hound". What a fantastic name. (Apologies for absence came from the tired Mrs Bear and Mrs B had quickly changed into her nighty - we looked out of the Jolly Farmers and saw that it was raining - no further explanation for absence needed).

I can remember what everyone was wearing so for further excitement, can you guess who was wearing what?

Blue shirt with squares.
Striped top
fleece top
jumper and shirt

The usual format ensued, but I think we were all in a calmer and more playful mood last night - Daren didn't riot about the double choice question until late in the first round!

The usual American Town question came up; i.e. Which is not an American town?

Hairy Nose
2 Egg
Intercourse
There was another one or two mentioned but again, the beer has distorted my memory!

The team were in with a shout of winning all the way and, the scoring was almost credible this week! We did exceptionally in the true or false round with every question correct - we thought we were in with a reasonable chance of winning. With many teams level on 102 points, the Hamsters (Kevster's old man) came in with 104 and the Fantastic Mr Hound came in with 105, only to be pipped by an excellent performance by the Usual Suspects with a massive 109 points!

We were then charmed by the lovely Robyn from Quizard Sleeve - Smithers wants to buy her synthesizers and Kevster discussed the ups and downs of West Ham United - until her boyfriend turned up.

There was also a new team this week "3 pints of lager and I'm yours" - lovely!

Daren mentioned Ms Bangers is due to become Mrs Bangers next Friday and Robin mentioned that Paul Colman is leaving L&G today. We also had a discussion about the merits of history amongst other bilge!

We left the Farmers at well after 11pm and we thought the excitement was over. Kevster very kindly offered me a lift home. As we were walking up Russell Hill we heard a yell and a shriek from a rather posh car. It was indeed the one and only Angela Garner (Nee Hargreaves). Kevster took me home and I ate the remains of Emma's pizza and went to bed.

Well, that's it. I only have two Fridays left at L&G - hoorah!

Shippoopi

No comments:

Post a Comment