A typical Hound spotted earlier

Thursday 27 September 2018

“Didn’t they do well?” Hound

Oh what a circus, oh what a show.......
Just a brief blog to mark the seismic event that was Right bison and G-Force hosting the quiz.

I don’t have any notes so it will be mostly pictorial. The evening started with a strange turn when a bout of Irish jiggery  broke out....



We promptly moved seats to the more salubrious lounge area. Salubrious in this sense meaning ‘devoid of cavorting Irish jiggers’. 

After several more pints things seemed to settle down and the usual cast of Anoraks, Busters, Ladies, Tramps and quiz personnel arrived in drips and drabs. This was my cue to depart to to a seat at the bar and let Robin and Graham take centre stage.

The quiz flowed nicely with the usual rounds ;



Cunningly, the picture round had a connection that they were all foodstuffs and I was pleased to spot DarylStrawberry lurking amongst the Lemons, Cabdys and Berrys 

Current affairs etc flew by and then there was an interesting round where everything  was connected to baseball. I misheard and thought it was the chainletter round which lead to mass confusion until the scenario was explained to me and I was able to backtrack and fill in some answers.



Things became increasingly blurry from here on in, I can remember foolishly multiplying 49 x 49 for the answer to 7 cubedbut having struggled with the 10 pointers I had to go all out in the Jeapordy round which unsurprisingly didn’t go well. I ended up finishing last on 126 points I believe but at the end of the day t was quizzing that won.



3 comments:

  1. Right bison? I really don't know what to make of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog, great pictures. Was actually a waltz not a jig. Possibly more frightening.

    ReplyDelete