A typical Hound spotted earlier

Friday 12 August 2016

Ladies, Tramps and Hound

Short one this week. I was left to my own devices and showed up about 8.15pm. Only team there was TLATT so joined them, thankfully 3 more teams showed up and we were off.

First up, a map of the USA and name 10 states. Around 5 were simple enough but large swathes of it looked pretty much the same. My main contribution was to suggest Montana for North Dakota and it was the usual 7 or 8.

Current Affairs and one Japanese gymnast has run up a £4,000 phone bill, but on what? Time was you actually got to talk to someone for that.


Next, food and drink and lots of drink, what tastes of almond, aniseed etc. The ladies came through here.

Connections started off cryptic enough, Kurt Cobain, rats? Answers like Major Tom and Manuel Pellegrini clarified things and just to make sure, Basil, Sybil and Polly all followed.

Two of three on 10 pointers, Greek god of war anyone? At halftime, I made a donation to Louis's "brave the shave" fund on behalf of the Hound. We don't like to talk about it though.

Onto link ups, we did well though not sure they circled back. Lots of Olympic stuff happening now.


Onto Jeopardy and the team have an expression of Jeopardy Confident. I went on my own with what RAM meant, other than male sheep and we had an uncontentious 7.

Got all the music other than an Eighties soul thing I've forgotten already and in a rare show of strength, we bagged the minstrels with nearest the pin on London to Rio distance.

Results, a win for the aforementioned with a LATT contribution to the charity fund! Let's hope for a full team next up. I disappeared into the night looking for somewhere to watch the sevens final. That was worth it.


3 comments:

  1. I would have gone for Hermes for Greek god of war, but apparently it's Ares. Random Access Memory -easy.
    I'll be there for this Thursday.

    ReplyDelete