A typical Hound spotted earlier

Friday 7 March 2014

Film Hound

Cripes, its a while since I've done this but here goes. Back in the day, the TQSR kicked off with details of pre-quiz meals. Well, mine was largely a combination of red wine and Peroni as I took advantage of a retirement bash in L&G towers which doesn't quite explain what followed but I was more addled than usual.

There was some chicken in there as well. Getting there, Graham, Steve, Daren and Kevster were all in situ and raring to go. Things kicked off with an Oscar theme, the film awards rather than Pistorius or it would have been a short quiz. 15 Johnny Depp pictures represented the first round. Now, while I wouldn't describe myself as a fan, hasn't that lad knocked out a fine body of work? The tendancy is towards the Gothic but I don't see that as a bad thing. While Steve rattled out most of the answers, I unsuccessfully tried to recall the film where he was a drugged up detective in Victorian London; turned out to be "From Hell". Didn't feature, good film though.

More rounds followed, the connection was nautical and the top 10 was more films.The Wipeout round was riproaringly difficult, think we got 4 but that seems to help us as punting for 10 is out the question. Around this point it started to get a bit toxic as the prequiz meal worked through my system. Daren may disagree but I think that actually helped focus our efforts, we won by loads. Strange that, we hadn't sparkled on the 10 pointers and I wouldn't say our performance was more than workmanlike. Still, we got the job done. Post quiz we talked about Cheltenham plans, I can't remember them though, by then I was very very drunk.

2 comments:

  1. Hoorah for The Hound.

    A thought occurs - could 'Bit Toxics' become some sort of new, virtual, currency...?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bit like the doubloons in Pirates of the Caribbean. Cursed!

    ReplyDelete