A typical Hound spotted earlier

Friday 10 August 2018

Strange Hound

Well I haven't got any notes from last night so this is based on memory, and we know how bad that is. First to arrive, I was confronted by this:



A pool table in the pub! In the quizzing section! Well I never! I actually quite fancied a game but I was first there as indicated so after being informed by Gerry the quiz had moved, I slunk off to the centre of the pub.

Next to arrive, Kevster and his many ailments and finally Steve made up our jolly threeball. In another departure from the norm, Siobhan was off on hols so "Brother" Louie would be voicing with Gerry marking. Crazy.

So this is where my lack of notes starts to tell. There were pictures and she was one of them.


Maybe there was a connection but we couldn't find it.

Ok, current affairs and the only one I remember was that there are £169m in old pound coins still in circulation. And Steve knew this right off the bat! But realistically that's less than 3 each, I've probably got that swirling my golf bag. Come to think of it, I've got money in currencies no longer in existence. But that's another story.

Ok, more questions that I can't remember. And it started raining, properly hard.


Just like it was outside the Purley Arms.

Of the ten pointers, the only one really vexing us was who was POTUS at the end of WW2. Franklin D didn't quite make it so Harry S took over. Phew? What is it with Presidents and that middle initial Donald J?

Round about now Kevster headed off to Heathrow so he can be absolved from further blame.

Link ups were pretty well dispatched so down to the jeopardy. A couple we baulked at but might have punted (successfully as it happens) had we had a shot. But we really didn't know what the birthstone for August was. Clue 1, this stuff:



Clue 2, there was a girl at school named after it ……… Williams

Music came and went and I butchered the numerical question for Maltesers. No matter, a third place behind a narrow win for Plan. Till next time.



2 comments:

  1. Well you know what happened by now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gutted to miss the president question. FDR died soon after starting his record 4th term, no longer allowed thank god. Wife’s birthday in 5 minutes time, she knows the gemstone.

    ReplyDelete