A typical Hound spotted earlier

Monday 24 October 2016

12 Hounds Of Christmas


As promised I've researched a possible London/Croydon pub crawl that would feature the 12 Days of Christmas "theme". I've planned it broadly West to East with a train back to Croydon then finishing up at Purley. Half these pubs are probably closed so just feasibility at this stage:

The Dove - Hammersmith
The Swan - Hammersmith
The Blackbird - Earls Court
The Cock & Hen - Fulham
The Crusting Pipe - Covent Garden
Lady Offaline - Holburn
The Ring - Southwark
Lord Clyde - Borough
Blue Eyed Maid - Borough

Then a train from London Bridge

Drum and Monkey - Croydon (Shut?) Or some adjacent spelling
Goose On The Market - Croydon
The Pear Tree - Purley

Requires some mobility but that's largely front loaded. Around a pub an hour of achievable logistically I'd say. D2, appreciate depends on your walking ability by then, Graham and myself are available for bicycle rickshaw.

Any thoughts team?

8 comments:

  1. Completing my actions from a few week's back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exemplary work Robson.
    Health depending, I will be there for all or some of this ball licking fantastic hound adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Checking on availability for tomorrow plus any other comments on the proposal. Graham, if bare bones happy to do per last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been given a midnight pick up tomorrow night from the King's Road so if I make it tomorrow I'd be leaving early and not drinking - whether I can make it at all depends on whether the early evening airport pick up gets delayed...

    As for the Xmas proposal - the proposed date is of more significance to me than any itinerary - do we have a date pencilled in...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Likewise. Will be marking a batch so ready for a good guzzle. Good effort on the Christmas wander, I think that the Drum & M is shut though.

    G

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still struggling to walk so it's a no from me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers all, very much v1.0 on the pub crawl. Happy to get a date in the diary so to be discussed.

    ReplyDelete